I have to say that this is a favourite way to eat fish ….preparing a coating to cover the fish and then baking is really very simple and the end result…Fantastic…..The Fish for this dish costs approximately $10.50 at any of the 3 Aussie Seafood Houses …Capalaba, Durack and Strathpine…You can vary the type of fish used so long as you keep to a white fleshed fillet…..Fish is the Dish at Aussie’s ….
Baked Cod with Parmesan and Garlic Butter
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 15g
Saturated Fat 9g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 2g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon (zest plus juice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (cut small or chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons of butter ( use 5 if you want extra butter sauce)
- 700 grams skinless boned Deep Sea Cod (around 175 grams Each)
- The Cod will cost aprox $10.50 for 700 grams at Aussie Seafood Houses
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200 c. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray. Place the grated Parmesan on a dinner plate and add the garlic powder and paprika.
- 2. Wash the lemon and pat dry. Cut it in half and make the zest from one half and add to the cheese mixture.
- 3. Cut or chop the parsley and add to the mixture using a fork to mix it through.
- 4. Melt the butter in a small pan or you can microwave in a bowl. Set up an assembly line from left to right with the fish, the butter, the cheese mix and the baking dish.
- 5. Use a fork to dip each piece of fish in the butter on both sides, then in the cheese mixture, coating and patting the topping onto the cod with the fork. Place the coated fish onto the baking dish, top with any excess melted butter and bake for 15 minutes. The Cod is done when you can easily flake it with a fork.
- 6. Squeeze the lemon juice over and serve with bread for dipping in the garlic butter sauce that remains
- This delicious recipe can be used with a number of white fleshed fishes. From Deep Sea Cod for $15 kg or Orange Roughy at $30 kg ...Fish is the Dish
Capalaba Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/