Full of Flavour, this is the dish to try… Serving Family of five and using 500 grams of fish it is a one pan recipe that is very easy to cook and nothing is left over … You can use many different types of fillets from $10 kg to $22 kg each will taste delicious … Aussie Seafood Houses for Great Ideas in Seafood … Capalaba West, Durack and Strathpine stores Open 7 Days a Week …
Brazilian Fish Stew
Light Fragrant and Full of Flavour
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 33g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- .500 grams skinless ling, cod,flake, salmon roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander (cilantro)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Juice of one lime
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger peeled and minced
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 1 red capsicum deseeded and chopped
- 1 yellow capsicum deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or puree
- 120 ml coconut cream
- !. Place the fish in a bowl with the salt, ground coriander, cumin, paprika, lime juice, ginger and garlic. Mix together and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- 2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions on a medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes until soft. Add the capsicum and fry for a further 2 to 3 minutes, then add the fish including the marinade along with the brown sugar, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and coconut cream. Heat until nearly bubbling (don't let it boil), then leave to simmer very gently for 7 to 8 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- 3. Serve with some rice and fresh coriander.
- At around 375 calories per serve, delicious wild caught fish is again the delicious, healthy protein.
- Fish is the Dish.
Capalaba Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/