The Freshly shucked Coffin Bay Oysters are heated to release all the flavour and then bathed in a citrus garlic butter sauce and the heat of Sriracha (or you other favourite hot sauce) is up to you…..server with some grilled olive bread …DELICIOUS…..a great easy way to enhance what nature perfected….Aussie Seafood Houses …..Capalaba, Durack and Strathpine …
Sriracha Citrus Coffin Bay Oysters
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 31g
Saturated Fat 16g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 76g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- One Dozen Coffin Bay, Nz Pacifics or Tassie Oysters Shucked
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon lime zest fresh
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 slices of ciabatta or artisan bread...kalamata olive bread or sourdough
- Garnish with lime wedges and chopped cilantro, Hot sauce like Sriracha or Tabasco
- 1. Heat the grill to a high heat.
- 2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat and add the minced garlic. Cook for about 1-2 minutes so that the butter is fragrant. Add the lime zest, lime juice and cilantro. Stir and set aside.
- 3. Brush the slices of bread with olive oil . Grill the bread for 1-2 minutes for either side until it starts to take on colour and gets crispy. Transfer the bread to a platter.
- 4. Place the oysters on a grill rack as level as possible (as you don't want the oyster liquor to escape). Cook at the grill for about 2 minutes, just until the oysters reach a more than warm temperature. Arrange the oysters on a platter.
- 5. Spoon one teaspoon of the butter sauce over each oyster. Garnish with wedges of lime, chopped fresh cilantro, and a few drops of sriracha or your favourite hot sauce. Serve with your grilled bread.
Capalaba Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/