For me this is a brilliant way to prepare raw salmon. Aussie Seafood House’s have Sashimi Grade Salmon instore Fresh Daily … 3 Stores .. Capalaba, Durack, Strathpine ..
Sashimi Salmon, with Citrus Ginger Soy Sauce & Hot Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 12 x 4 mm thick slices of salmon cut into 5 cm squares ( 120 g )
- One 8 mm piece of fresh ginger, sliced paper thin and cut into thin matchsticks ( about 24 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce with the lime and orange juices. In a medium bowl, toss the salmon with the remaining 1/4 cup of soy sauce and let stand for a minute, then drain. Arrange 3 slices of salmon on each plate and top with the ginger and chives.
- In a small saucepan, heat the grape seed oil with the sesame oil over a moderately high heat until smoking, about 2 mins. Drizzle the hot oil over the salmon pieces. Spoon the soy citrus on top. Sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds and cilantro leaves and serve.