This is just a great way to cook Littleneck clams ….Any time of the year …. You can serve them on one large plate at the bar, during a game, at the BBQ, any excuse will do to cook these …..We have 1 kg bags of Little neck clams every day at all 3 Aussie Seafood Houses ….Capalaba, Durack and Strathpine ….Great IDeas in Seafood ….
Spicy Corona Beer Littleneck Clams
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 16g
Saturated Fat 10g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 dozen little neck clams
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned corn kernels
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno sliced across ... depending how spicy you like your broth
- 1 Corona Beer
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 8 tablespoons of butter unsalted
- 1 zest of lime
- salt to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Saute onion for a few minutes until onions are translucent ...add garlic and saute for another minute being careful not to burn garlic.
- 2. Add corn and mix well together with onions and garlic. Saute corn for about 5 - 10 minutes if using fresh corn or about 3 to 5 minutes if canned until corn is cooked.
- 3. Add beer and get it really hot ...simmering
- 4. Add Clams to pan and cook until shells open
- 5. Add parsley and lime zest to clams and stir.
- 6. Serve clams around 6 per plate for an appetizer and 12 for a main ...Garnish with lime /Lemon wedge and parsley.
Capalaba Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/