I use 15 plump NZ half shell mussels for this recipe …..Aussie Seafood Houses have them 15 for $8.99 cleaned and ready to go….The Sauce is so good you will find yourself cooking this dish just for the sauce…Have some bread handy ….Fish can also be baked in this sauce and is equally delicious…..Stores at Capalaba, Durack and Strathpine ….Great Ideas in Seafood ….
Mussels in Buttery Lemon Garlic Sauce
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 372
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 42g
Saturated Fat 25g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrates 11g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 16 to 20 Half Shell Mussels
- Sauce ....
- 40 g Butter
- 6 to 8 cloves of garlic, minced or grated (garlic press if you like)
- 400 g cooking cream (thickened)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme or a small handful of fresh
- 3 to 4 teaspoon of lemon juice ( to Taste)
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1. Melt Butter in a pan.
- 2. Add garlic and saute until soft but not brown.
- 3. Add cream and Thyme.
- 4. Cook in low heat until sauce bubbles.
- 5. Continue cooking till sauce starts to thicken.
- 6. Add in the remaining ingredients for the sauce.
- 7. Arrange the cleaned and dried Half Shell Mussels on an oven proof dish,
- 8. Once sauce is ready pour it over the mussels.
- 9. Bake in a pre heated Oven at 230 c for 7 minutes.
- 10. Serve Immediately.
- Have some Bread handy to clean up the sauce ....YUMMMM
- This Sauce can also be used for baking fish in...Great results....
Capalaba Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/