Slow Cooked Salmon in a Creamy Lemon Sauce
Write a review
2 hr 20 min
2 hr 30 min
2 hr 20 min
2 hr 30 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 8g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- For the Fish;
- 3 lemons, sliced
- 700 grams to 1 kg salmon fillets (whole or portioned)
- Cooking spray
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic grandules or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- For the Sauce;
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, water or white wine
- 2/3/ cup thickened cream
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon zest
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1. Line the slow cooker with a large piece of Baking Paper (parchment paper)
- 2. Cut one lemon into slices and arrange a layer of lemon slices down the middle of the slow cooker
- 3. Place the salmon on top of the lemon slices; spray salmon with cooking spray and season with salt, pepper, chilli powder, garlic granules, and Italian Seasoning. Using your fingers rub seasoning all over salmon.
- 4. Pour broth and lemon juisc into the slow cooker, all around the fish. DO NOT POUR OVER the fish.
- 5. Liquid should come half way up the fillet leaving the top half exposed.
- 6. Cook on low for 2 hours, or until opaque and flaky.
- 7. Preheat oven to 200 c
- 8. Lift out the slow cooker and place in oven for 5 to 8 minutes to get a bit of browning on the top of the salmon. (most slow cooker bowls can handle oven heat to 200 c )
- 9. Remove from the oven and lift out the fish by the parchment paper or spatula; transfer to cutting board or plate ready to sauce..
- For the Creamy Lemon Sauce
- 1. set a small saucepan or pot over a medium high heat and stir in the lemon juice, broth and cream.
- 2. Bring to simmer.
- 3. Set heat to low; cover the pot and cook for 8 minutes.
- 4. Uncover; stir in lemon zest; set heat to high and cook for 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened a bit and reduced.
- 5. Remove from heat; taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- 6. Cut up the salmon into individual servings in a whole piece was cooked.
- 7. Plate servings pouring the sauce over each piece of salmon and garnish with parsley.
- 8. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Great dish served with a potato bake. Leftover salmon is terrific in lettuce wraps the next Day ...
Capalaba Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/