Perhaps the best Squid Recipe ever…Korean ojingeo-bokkeum….It is surprisingly quick and simple and we have mixed the seafood up over the years and also added some more vegies when more people have dropped in…..While it has hot pepper flakes it is more of a spicy dish but you can vary the pepper flakes to your liking ….The squid needed for this dish costs less than $8 at Aussie Seafood Houses …Capalaba, Durack and Strathpine …Great Ideas in Seafood
Spicy Stir Fried Squid Korean
Perhaps the best Squid Recipe ever...Korean ojingeo-bokkeum
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 29g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Total Carbohydrates 114g
Dietary Fiber 14g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 500 grams whole squid, cut into bite sized pieces ( cleaned pineapple cut squid will substitute)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- For Seasoning paste ;
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper flakes (gochugaru)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 12 green shallots, cut 5 cm long
- 1 green chilli pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small carrot (about 1/2 cup) sliced in thin strips about 5 cm long
- Make the slurry ; Combine the potato starch and 1/4 cup of water in a small bowl and mix well
- Make Seasoning Paste ; Combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, hot pepper flakes and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Stir Fry ; Heat up a pan over medium high heat. Add the vegetable oil and stir fry the onion, carrot, green onion, and green chilli pepper for about 7 to 8 minutes until the green onions are wilted and the onion is a little translucent.
- 2. Add thsquid and seasoning paste. Stir fry for a few minutes until the squid turns opaque.
- 3. Mix in the slurry and cook for 30 seconds.
- 4. Serve right away with rice.
Capalaba Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/