Perhaps the best Squid Recipe ever … Korean ojingeo-bokkeum … It is surprisingly quick and simple and you can also mix up the seafood in the recipe adding some prawn or scallop and some more vegies when more people drop in … While it has hot pepper flakes it is more of a spicy dish but you can vary the pepper flakes to your liking … The squid needed for this dish costs less than $8 at Aussie Seafood Houses …Capalaba, Durack and Strathpine … Great Ideas in Seafood
Spicy Stir Fried Squid Korean
Perhaps the best Squid Recipe ever...Korean ojingeo-bokkeum
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 29g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Total Carbohydrates 114g
Dietary Fiber 14g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 500 grams whole squid, cut into bite sized pieces ( cleaned pineapple cut squid will substitute)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- For Seasoning paste ;
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper flakes (gochugaru)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 12 green shallots, cut 5 cm long
- 1 green chilli pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small carrot (about 1/2 cup) sliced in thin strips about 5 cm long
- Make the slurry ; Combine the potato starch and 1/4 cup of water in a small bowl and mix well
- Make Seasoning Paste ; Combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, hot pepper flakes and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Stir Fry ; Heat up a pan over medium high heat. Add the vegetable oil and stir fry the onion, carrot, green onion, and green chilli pepper for about 7 to 8 minutes until the green onions are wilted and the onion is a little translucent.
- 2. Add thsquid and seasoning paste. Stir fry for a few minutes until the squid turns opaque.
- 3. Mix in the slurry and cook for 30 seconds.
- 4. Serve right away with rice.
Capalaba Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/