This is such a quick and enjoyable way to serve mussels…Most things will already be in your pantry ….The cost for the 15 half shell mussels is $8.99 at all 3 Aussie Seafood Houses …Double the recipe and get a kg of aprox 34 NZ Half Shell Mussels for $16.99…..Aussie Seafood Houses …Capalaba, Durack and Strathpine
Parsley Garlic Butter Grilled Mussels
Perfect Quick Mussel Treat
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1233
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 140g
Saturated Fat 78g
Trans Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 11g
Monounsaturated Fat 35g
Total Carbohydrates 76g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1/2 cup of parsley leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Pernod (Anise flavoured spirit )
- 500 grams (15 aprox) Blanched Half Shell NZ Green Lip Mussels
- 1. In a foood processor, pulse together parsley, garlic, salt and pepper until finely chopped. Pulse in butter and 1/2 tablespoon Pernod until mixture is combined. Scrape into a bowl.
- 2.Arrange Half shell mussels on baking tray. Top each mussel with a spoonful of parsley butter and a sprinkling of bread crumbs.
- 3. Heat the Grill to high and place a rack of mussels about 4 inches from the heat . Grill until the bread crumbs are golden, about 2 to 3 minutes and serve.
- You can also use 1 kg of whole shell green lip mussels. Cook until mussels have opened and place meat in the half shell.
Capalaba Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/