A great Recipe for the winter months …all cooked in the one saucepan and a variety of fish can be used…..Seafood Ingredients can be added to suit so you can make it more of your own recipe……Aussie Seafood Houses for great Ideas in Seafood….
Fish Chowder Country Style
Winter Sizzles with Seafood Chowders
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 16g
Saturated Fat 9g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 36g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 3 cans evaporated milk
- 1 can corn kernels undrained
- 1/2 cup o f mussel meat or clams diced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoons pepper
- 500 grams of Cod, Hoki, or Ling cooked and broken into pieces
- Minced Chives (optional)
- In a Large saucepan, cook onion and bacon over a medium heat until onion is tender, drain.
- Add milk, corn, mussels, potatoes, butter, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until potatoes are tender, about 20 mins.
- Stir in fish and heat through.
- Serve into bowls with some fresh crusty bread...Yumm.
Capalaba Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/