Salmon is the ideal fish for this recipe although I have used Queensland Barramundi, Wild Caught Mackerel, and Jewfish, all with the skin on … The only changes to the recipe will be the cooking times depending on the thickness of the fish … The Secret of course is the salmon from Aussie Seafood House’s … Always cut on the Day from Last Night’s Harvest of Whole Huon Tasmanian Salmon by our in store filleters … 3 Stores to choose from … Capalaba, Durack and Strathpine … Fish is the Dish at Aussie’s
Tuscan Butter Salmon
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 31g
Saturated Fat 15g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 9g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 190 gram Tasmanian Fresh Skin on Salmon portions.
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs like basil and parsley.
- Lemon or Lime wedges for Serving with finished dish.
- 1. In a large skillet over a medium heat to high heat, heat oil. Season salmon all over with salt and pepper.
- 2. When oil is shimmering but not smoking add salmon skin side up and cook until deeply golden, about 6 minutes. Flip over and cook for 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium and add butter to skillet. When butter has melted, stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about on minute. Add cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are beginning to burst then add spinach and cook until spinach begins to wilt.
- 4.Stir in cream, Parmesan, and herbs and bring to low and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- 5. Return Tassie Salmon back to skillet and simmer until salmon is cooked through, about 3 minutes more.
- 6. Garnish with more herbs and squeeze lemon juice on top. Serve immediately.
- We have used a number of different types of fish with this recipe, all with great success.
Capalaba Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/